Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Parts and pepper

Well today was "Candy Day" at Cycle to Fitness. Candy day is when all the parts from the team orders start rolling in. You walk into the shop and see boxes of goodies like XTR and XO components along with cool new frames, White Brothers forks, Dura Ace cassettes and all kinds of other fun stuff.

This of course draws us geeks out of the wood work to fondle, ogle and talk smack over the big contest. The contest you ask? Why it's just like the midway game of "Guess my weight." Items get unwrapped, we pass them around and everyone tries to guess the weight of every component. I walked in and won two, but got screwed by a gram on another. The rest, well that scale is a liar.

Upon getting home I was hungry so I decided to bust out some chicken, notta pasta, pea pods, eggs and various sauces. The bummer of it all? Well I didn't have any red pepper. :( I will say that Oyster sauce, brown sauce, garlic and soy make a wonderful marinade to cook chicken and egg in. Not quite the perfect Pad See Ew style dish, but I'm getting close!

On a good note, 50 minute spin before the door to door salesmen came by and knocked twice. I thought it may have been the neighbors complaining about the noise or I never would have stopped my wind machine. I felt as if I had quite a while left in me so all the holiday relaxation is starting to get blown out of the system. Hopefully I can get another light spin in tomorrow!

No comments: