Sunday, January 6, 2008

Notta Pasta

Today I ventured out into the world after hibernating all day yesterday recovering from not only still being a bit sick, but from a foolish night of drinking, playing guitar hero and watching the disgustingly funny Grandma's Boy. I don't recommend heavy beer consumption a couple days after kicking the flu, but I do recommend this movie if you like humor that pushes the envelope and would make your mother smack you upside the head.

So there I was, shopping list in hand pushing my cart down the aisles of the local super market looking for some type of whole wheat blend pasta when I found this little gem.



Notta pasta indeed, hell not even Italian and most certainly not Fettuccine. however I have now found a source for wide rice noodles locally and won't have to special order them from DPG when she makes it back down state.

So is this really worth blogging about? Hell yes, my tape worm loves Thai and anything that gets me closer to perfecting Pad See Ew at home makes him and I both happy.

Beyond finding my poorly simulated rice based fettuccine it was simply a good day. I felt well enough to spin for 50 minutes to blow the cob webs out of the legs. Not to do it all with some type of consistency as Climb Detroit is only six weeks away!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I too love thai... I think your tape worm and I would get along, if you substitute tofu for the meat. ;) Perhaps you can cook for Ali, Bryce, and I when you come up next?

Glen R said...

I think Ali and I should be able to come up with some type of Thai like concoction one of these weekends.

How long does one marinate Tofu for for maximum effect? :)