Thursday, December 13, 2007

What time is it? Why it's wine thirty!

That's right boys and girls, when life throws you a curve ball, you consume alcohol.

This evening I started off wit ha little bit of mud slide but just wasn't in the mood. For some reason wine sounded so much better to accent the tape I now have on my shoulder. Glass #2 is going down smoooooth.














Tape you ask? Why yes, I have two different types of the finest medical grade tape you can get at your local physical therapists office. It comes in beautiful brown and wonderful white, both a sure to please for the holiday season. Why the tape? Well apparently the PT was less than impressed with the funny faces I was making as she contorted my arm and shoulder around for maximum reaction. Soon I had my shirt off and she was washing my shoulder down with some type of anti-itch and burn solution so should could apply my cool new tu-tone (867-5309) skin. She pushed, she pried and she taped my arm back up into the socket so it can heal while I live with this new skin on my shoulder for three days. Not being able to lift your arm past your shoulder without wincing is a bad thing I guess. The tape seems to help though, but I'm worried as she was trying to sugar coat the recover time of my injury.

They did have this cool contraption at PT though. They applied four electrode patches to my shoulder and arm tossed a hot compress on then started pressing buttons on the little white box. Woah! My arm is feeling all tingly and my muscles are starting to twitch. The assistant noticed though and backed down the juice a bit. While not the most comfortable feeling in the world the device intrigues me. One of these visits I'm going to turn that son of a bitch up and see if it can make my arm do the Hokey Pokey.

No comments: