Thursday, December 6, 2007

Spin to Win!

Well it's been three weeks since I got hit and tonight I finally got back in the saddle for a good trainer ride at Cycle To Fitness. I trued the rear wheel on the accident bike, put a new crank set, seat post and saddle on it for using on the trainer this winter. The frame is a bit tweaked so I'll be using the components on a new KHS CX200 frame eventually. The rear wheel is way off tension so that will get replaced as well.

Miami was cool enough to loan me his mag trainer as my wind unit would have driven most of us insane. I got started after the guys, but I got a good 45 minutes in and it felt pretty good. My legs in fact felt stronger than they have in a long time. The old ticker certainly let me know I had been taking it easy for a while though. My shoulder is not ready for road riding or swimming, but I think these trainer nights will keep my cardio humming along.

I also picked up a cool Christmas gift for Dirty Picasso girl before splitting, my shopping for her is done, now on to the rest of the family!

No comments: