Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Next up, Rats!

So after a month of silence and being left alone by the raccoon, my neighbor told me they saw two rats running into the crawlspace under my house the day before I left for my fun July 4th. Sure enough, as I was loading hte car I saw one go running bay the garage. :(

Great, more four legged folks that aren't going to pay their share of the mortgage so they have to go.

Monday I hit the hardware store, bought some DCON for the garage and a snappy little trap to give it a go.

So far, the snap trap has been triggered twice and nothing. :( No dead carcases in the garage yet either.

Since nothing is working yet, I placed an order for four more aggressive looking traps and a live trap to try and cover more ground. I can actually put the live trap in the crawl space unlike the poison which will only results in a rotting carcass under the house. While I'd love to keep them all alive and re-locate. My problem will become some one else's so I'll feel better just eliminating the disease carrying bastages. Rats raised by hand are cute and fun, rats that start out as pests can't exactly be socialized.

Sorry guys, but I will be unleashing the gauntlet on you next week. >:(

3 comments:

Erin said...

I don't know, Glen-- I saw you handle my girls... you might have what it takes to tame a wild rat! ;) j/k

Glen R said...

Maybe if you pay for the shots and my stitches. :)

Jason said...

Ahhhh, D-CON. My fondest memory of D-CON = my boss using it at work to kill a mouse. We had a strange smell about 2 weeks later.. Took one of the heater vents apart and VIOLA! Dead mouse and babies all balled up in a Marshall Applewhite Halle Bop Comet, white sneakers party. :(