Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rest time!

The past three days have me feeling like I've been cramming for a test, a test that just does not exist at this time so a couple days rest it is.

WTF am I talking about, three days of riding, three intense workouts, only one that was a easy pace. Wait a minute, three days, four rides? Yepper, I did my first commute via bike on Wednesday. The ride in was perfect, the first two miles of the return trip were into a 30 MPH wind so I decided to just give it an all out effort for the entire trip home, after turning east it was 20+ MPH all the way to my door. :) Not the smartest thing after the Tuesday Night Worlds ride out of Cycle to Fitness. :)

Today was a hard ride as well, I learned I'm not ready to keep up with an expert level rider after four months of not doing a whole lot. The first eight miles were groovy, 22+ average on the BMC, but I blew up on a hill and it was over, I could barely muster anything after that. Next time I'll get a better warm up and give Mark a better run for his money.

All in all a great day still, got to ride with my tri peeps, saw Greyhound Jeff at ILRA and probably close to another hundred cyclists today. Spring is here, the grass is getting green and my legs are getting a break.

Back at it on Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its that time of year again!

A friend of mine in Dearborn Heights has been back out on the bike and going at it hard too.

The kids and I have been out with the trailer...but I wouldn't say we're ever "hard at it!" :)

Hope all is well! -Sam

Di said...

:-) Nice to see you're getting back into the swing of things . . . or roll or things. Pick one.

I have to ride with traffic a bit for my commute. Fortunately, most of the drivers are wonderful through Hancock. I'm getting a mirror so it's easier to see behind me.