Sunday, March 2, 2008

The shoulder

Beware of the pics, contents potentially graphic, don't enlarge if you don't like blood. :)

So far today I'm in awe at my progress after the surgery on Thursday.

Yesterday DPG and I removed the bandages and pulled the 6" long tube from the pain pump out, fascinating as I was expecting to feel all kinds of tugging and weirdness when it was removed, but there was absolutely no trace of it at all as it just glided right out.

First, the bandages:













Next, the removal:













Pain pump entry:













Pain pump tube:













Right now I can't really lift heavy object high at all, but I can roll over on the shoulder and my range of motion is coming back quickly. I can lift my arm to a 90 degree angle with minimal pain. To express my delight I showed DPG I could do the chicken dance with my new healthy shoulder, some how she was not very impressed. ;)

3 comments:

Ali B. said...

Oh... I was impressed with the dancing, it was the singing & drunken wedding reception memories that had me burying my head. ;)

Erin said...

oh my goodness; I cannot believe Ali handled that bloody sight-- I know she's a toughie, but EW!

Glad to hear you are recovering! :)

Glen R said...

Handled it? She took pleasure in pulling the little tube from the pain pump out of my shoulder!

Med school for her if she ever gets sick of teaching?!?

BTW, Boyne on Saturday? :)