Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

The conclusion to a weekend long lock in.

Since I have Climb Detroit coming up next weekend and Dirty Picasso Girl will be coming down the weekend after for my surgery I figured I'd head north again this weekend for some relaxation and for us to get a little bit of downhill ski action going.

Saturday DPG's immune system ended up working overtime kicking butt on something that was trying to win a struggle. Unfortunately part of being a educator is putting up with a nine month onslaught of bacterial and viral nasties. (It's going to be interesting seeing how my body adjusts to these little biological treats that DPG's students share with her. =) ) Plans of skiing were scrapped in favor of a lovely weekend of relaxing, watching movies, playing games and just enjoying one another's company with no schedule to keep or plans to adhere too.

Sunday we both woke up refreshed and DPG was feeling good enough to go do something. Skiing? Well maybe, I saw ice dripping off the roof so I figured it was really warm out, a total departure from the single digit temps on Friday night. Well, the snow may be slow but at least we won't freeze.

Upon looking out the window I realized we may not be going any place, it was raining now and ice was starting to build on everything. The more it rained the more beautiful it became as the trees became crystal. However I was a bit worried about my drive home that evening. A short walk out to the main road confirmed my worries, the roads were a sheet of watery ice. The walk was beautiful despite the heavy rain. The trees were shimmering and you could hear birds calling to one another in the icy rain. We slipped and slid along the road over to her brothers house to visit and to snag an egg to make waffles for breakfast. After a long lesson on selling collectibles on ebay, (fascinating actually) it was back to the house for breakfast and to continue our theme for the weekend for a few more hours.

Thanks Mother Nature for providing us a great, low-key Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Ali B. said...

Ha! Now we know what it is like to be Willow-cat! ZZZZzz sleep sleeeep nap sleeeep nap nap... the days away! Good grief what a low-key weekend it was! I'm not complaining because that bug did NOT get the best of me...this time! grrr